To call the “Silver Streak Zephyr” famous before its time would be to do the all-corrugated, slick stainless steel train a disservice. Named after a movie of the same name which featured the CB&Q’s distinctive corrugated equipment, the “Silver Streak Zephyr” and its specially built EMD E5A unit “Silver Bullet” was a short distance luxury train that operated between Lincoln, Nebraska and Kansas City with stops in Omaha and St. Joseph.
This special starter set includes the complete locomotive and 5-car consist of the original "Silver Streak Zephyr" train, as well as an oval of track, power pack, and starter guide.
- EMD E5A locomotive #9909 "Silver Bullet"
- Budd Baggage/RPO #1600 “Silver Sheen”
- Budd Baggage Car #900 “Silver Light”
- Budd Coach #4703 “Silver Gleam”
- Budd Coach #4704 “Silver Glow”
- Budd Observation #300 “Silver Spirit”
- Specially designed bookcase packaging that holds all 6 locomotives and cars with additional room for an extra 2 E5 locomotives.
- Complete oval of track (12 3/8" radius)
- Grade crossing/rerailing track
- Storage Drawer for locomotives/accessories
- Kato Power Pack